What should I do to make hardwood floors safe?
After my wife expressed concern about the possibility of hardwood floors being damaged by the new rifle gun safe, I decided to ask myself this question.
It was correct.
In just a few months, the surface on which we placed the gun safe had developed scratches and deep dents.
I realized then that I needed to find a quick solution.
Gun safes can be very heavy and can cause serious damage to hardwood floors if they are placed on top of them.
After some research, I discovered that many gun owners recommend placing a rubber mat under their gun safe.
Since the spot is now free from any scratches or dents, it was the best decision I ever made.
After much research, I found the XMark Fitness XMat Extra Thick Equipment Mat. Unfortunately, this mat is currently out of stock. This mat is also suitable for heavy gun safes. It is made from vulcanized rubber, making it extremely strong and durable. I recommend the Premium 4ft 6ft Rubber Gym Flooring Mats Vulcanized rubber Flooring Equipment Mats.
This mat is made entirely from recycled rubber, which is a departure from most rubber mats. It is extremely durable, flexible, and resilient.
This article will list all the reasons you should place this mat underneath your gun safe on hardwood floors.
How to Make Hardwood Floors Safe?
Why do I recommend the XMark Fitness XMat Ultra Thick Mat?
- It is super thick, so it provides protection cushioning between hardwood floors and heavy guns safes.
- It prevents damage to hardwood floors – no dents and scratches
- It is a heavy mat that won’t slip and slide when in use
- It is a dense mat that can hold even the largest gun safe.
- It doesn’t retain moisture, so that it won’t make your gun safe from rust.
- This multi-purpose mat can be used for a variety of purposes, including as a mat for exercise, garage, or gym.
- It is made from the most durable rubber and can be easily drilled to attach the gun safe’s rear wheels to make it immovable.
- It will not stain or color your hardwood floors.
- It is heavy and durable and will last for a long time
- It is a simple way to elevate your gun off the ground.
- This mat will allow your hardwood floor to accommodate your large gun safe comfortably.
- This mat makes it easy to place your heavy gun safe on the second level without fear of it falling through the flooring (which is rare).
- It is sold at an affordable price.
- This mat is durable and will provide you with great value for money.
What Does a Gun Safe Mat Cost? And Where Can I Buy It?
This mat is a good value for money, given its durable and sturdy rubber construction.
It is made from super-firm, heavy, and durable recycled rubber.
Amazon had a great price, so I ordered mine.
Is a Gunsafe too heavy for my Hardwood Floor?
A gun safe that is durable and heavy will be the best choice to protect your firearms.
It will be impossible for burglars to transport a heavy gun safe, no matter what they do.
This is exactly why you need a safe.
Most gun owners ask this question.
“Is a gun safe too heavy to lift on my hardwood floor?”
The simple answer to this question is no.
A gun safe should not be too heavy for hardwood floors.
Your floor should be able to support the safe’s weight as long as it is code-compliant.
Gun safes ranging from 200 to 600 lb are available at the entry-level. Mid-sized safes range in weight between 600 and 1000 lb.
Gun safes that are high-end weigh more than 1000 lbs, while gun safes that are commercial-grade weigh between 2000 lbs and 5000 lbs.
The gun safe should not fall through the floor, especially on the second floor.
You should be more concerned about the gun safe scratching your hardwood floors and leaving deep dents.
I recommend placing a dense and heavy-duty mat such as the XMark Fitness XMat Ultra Thick Mat.
Can a rubber mat stain hardwood floors?
This mat has not stained my floors for many years.
It can be placed on your carpet and will not discolor it.
Is a moving gun safe across hardwood floors?
Unsightly scratches and dents can be caused by moving a gun safe across hardwood floors.
When moving gun safes on hardwood floors, use a hand truck such as the CoscoShifter 300-Position Multi-Position Heavy Duty Folding Truck and Dolly.
This cart makes it easier to transport your gun safely around the house and protects your floors from scratches.
How to Make Hardwood Floors Safe – Bottom Line
Gun safes can cause irreversible damage to hardwood floors.
These heavy items can cause damage to your floors quickly.
You can also damage your floors by placing a gun safe on hardwood floors. This could cause it to rust from moisture buildup.
Protect your floors with a water-resistant mat such as the XMark Fitness XMat Ultimate Thick Equipment Mat.
You can now put your gun under your hardwood floors and not worry about it.