Xfinity Home works with many smart home devices, including smart locks, just like other home security system.
Some smart locks may not be compatible with the system. If you’re looking to get a smart lock that works perfectly with Xfinity home, this article is your go-to resource. Let’s get right on it!
Xfinity Home is currently limited to certain models of Kwikset or Yale smart locks.
You can read on to find out more about each lock as well as how to integrate Xfinity Home with it.
Smart Locks That Work With Xfinity Home
1. August Smart Lock Pro (3rd generation)
This August smart lock is compatible with Xfinity home. As previously mentioned, pairing your smartlock and Xfinity allows for remote control via the Xfinity Home application.
Users can also create and change entry codes, monitor their lock’s status, and more—via the Xfinity Home app.
You may also like other features of this lock. These features include auto-locking, Alexa enabled and biometric verification as well as low battery notification. The lock can also be used with the August mobile application for remote control,
Notification: The lock requires a hub in order to connect to Xfinity, your smartphone and other smart devices.
2. August Smart Lock (2nd Gen).
The August smartlock (2nd Gen) works flawlessly with Xfinity Home. It is also very easy to integrate. As long as the system is properly configured, you should be able connect it with Xfinity within a few minutes.
You will also need a hub to connect the lock. August has its own Wi Fi bridge that allows you to easily connect to other smart home devices. You can also choose a third-party hub like the Samsung SmartThings Hub.
Like the August locks, this model can be used with Alexa to alert when the batteries are low.
3. Kwikset SmartCode 914 Z-Wave Deadbolt
Kwikset is another smart lock brand that works with Xfinity Home, and here’s one of the top models you want to consider.
You can switch between key and access code entry by using the lock’s keyed and keyless entries. You can also integrate with Xfinity Home to unlock and lock your door using the Xfinity App on your smartphone.
The lock is also configured for hands-free control, and it’s compatible with Alexa to that effect.
Note that Xfinity, Alexa and your smartphone require a hub (sold separately).
4. Kwikset Smartcode 91 Traditional Smart Lock
Have you just installed the Xfinity Home Security System, but already had the Kwikset SmartCode 916.6 on your front door. The good news is you don’t need to purchase another lock if you’re looking to integrate your lock with Xfinity.
Yes, Kwikset smartCode 916 works with Alexa. It is easy to integrate (see below).
This lock uses Z-Wave as its communication protocol, so you need a hub if you’re connecting with non-z-Wave smart devices such as a smartphone.
The lock can be used with both physical keys and entry codes. Users can create up 30 access codes and share them among family members and friends.
5. Yale Assure Smart Touchscreen Deadbolt YRD226
If you’re looking to use a Yale smart lock with your Xfinity system, here’s one of those to consider.
The lock can also work with Ring Alarm, Alexa and Wink, Samsung SmartThings, etc.
To connect to most third-party smart devices, the lock would need a hub. It’s a Z-Wave based lock, so it needs a hub to translate data between non-Z-Wave devices.
This lock can be controlled remotely via the Xfinity Home app, and other apps. It also features a key and keyless access. Users can also lock and unlock the door using a key or access codes.
6. Yale Assure Lock SL (YRD256)
Yale Assure YDR256 smart locks are compatible with Xfinity Home on four models.
This lock can be paired with Alexa, just like YDR226, for hands-free control. It’s also compatible with Wink, Ring, Samsung SmartThings, etc.
This lock can be installed on most standard doors. It could replace your existing deadbolt.
Other features include a 9V battery, backlit keypad and physical keys, as well as access codes entry.
What is XfinityHome and how does it work with smart locks?
Although Xfinity was mainly known for providing cable and internet services, the Comcast division has for the past few years ventured into home security—with professional monitoring plans. Currently, Xfinity Home security works like other popular security systems—Ring, ADT, Simplisafe, etc.
The system includes motion sensors, cameras, doors and windows sensors as well as smoke detectors and smart locks.
Integrating your smartlock with the Xfinity Home System allows you to:
- You can lock and unlock your doors remotely using the mobile app
- You can create and modify access codes.
- View your lock’s activities.
- Receive alerts when someone attempts to open or opens your door, etc.
Notification: Some of these features may require you to subscribe to Xfinity Professional to take advantage of them.
How to Integrate Smart Locks With Xfinity Homes
As you can see, Xfinity Home only works with certain models of Kwikset and Yale locks. So in this section, we’ll show you how to connect your compatible Kwikset, August, and Yale smart lock with the Xfinity system.
How to connect your Kwikset Smartlock with Xfinity Home
- Step 1: Install the Xfinity Home app for iOS and Android and sign in.
- Step 2: On The overview screen is displayed by clicking on the More icon (+Click here Add a device. This will usher you to a new screen where you’d see compatible Kwikset locks—click on the model you have. Next click Continue.
- Step 3: Now go over to your lock, and take off the interior cover. This should reveal the lock’s back panel with buttons. Tap the button on the left four times (applicable to Kwikset 910 or 912 locks). Continue. For Kwikset 914 & 916, press this A Tap the button four times, then tap on Continue.
- Step 4Step 3: The system will locate your lock and add it into your account. This could take a few minutes—probably three. Click Continue.
- Step 5: Upon finding your lock, the system will display a message on the screen — “we’ve found your device” and then prompt you to give your device a name.
- Step 6Next, enter a name to your lock and click the next button. You should give a unique name to each lock, that’s if you have more than one lock integrated. Next, click Finish To complete the setup.
How to pair your Yale Smart Lock with XfinityHome
- Step 1: Install the Xfinity Home app on your phone—iOS and Android devices compatible.
- Step 2: Click here Continue reading icon (+Click here Add a device. Next, click on the Yale lock model you want to tap. Continue.
- Step 3To wake up your Yale lock, touch the palm of your hands on it. Continue This is for Yale YRS226, Yale YRD246, or YRD256 locks.
- Step 4Enter your 4- to 8-digit mastercode and hit the Gear icon at the lock. Next, return to your app and tap Continue.
- Step 5: Press 7, then the Gear icon, and tap. Continue. Next, press 1 and then the Gear icon and tap Continue. The system will find your lock and add it to your Xfinity account—this might take a few minutes.
- Step 6: Once your lock is discovered and added to your account, the system will prompt you to name your lock — “give your device a name”. Enter any unique name, and tap Finish Complete the process.
Note: If you’re adding more than one lock, you want to give them different names to avoid confusion.
How to pair your August Smartlock with Xfinity Home
- Step 1: Install the Xfinity app onto your iPhone or Android device and sign in—using your Xfinity details.
- Step 2: Click here Continue reading icon (+Tap the button again. Add Device.
- Step 3: Select your August smartlock model from the available devices and tap Continue Connect your lock to your Xfinity Account
- Step 4Xfinity Access to Your Locks: Sign in to August Account to Accept the Terms and Conditions.
If the above steps were successful, that’s all about integrating your August lock with Xfinity Home. Now you can control your August lock using the Xfinity Home App.
Although other smart locks from Yale, Kwikset, and August are compatible with Xfinity Home’s system, we only listed the top based upon our research.
If you’re curious to know other models, here you go; Yale YRD216, Yale YRD246, Kwikset 912, Kwikset 910, and August Smart Lock (3rd Gen).