- Touchscreen display shows vital info and at-a-glance temperature
- Durable, waterproof construction
- Convenient charger and integrated battery
- App, smart features simple to use
- Splitters can accommodate up to 8 probes
- High-quality probes with a wide range of capabilities.
- Offline Mode with a range of 180 feet
- Battery life of 25 hours with firmware update
- Public API for customizing functions
- It’s difficult and confusing to set up.
- Touchscreen is clunky, unresponsive
- Splitters can be glitchy
Tappecue is simple. It is also one of the most versatile and durable WiFi smoker thermometers available. Tappecue comes with 4 probes, so you’re allowed to monitor over three different meats and the pit temperature. Or four types of meat. The touchscreen interface is a huge plus.
What I like
Water/weatherproof feature for durability
If there’s anything else I love about this WiFi smoker thermometer, it’s that it is waterproof, dustproof, and weatherproof. It doesn’t matter the condition you throw at Tappecue, it’ll sure withstand it. For better stability, there are two small feet at the bottom.
Four probes are available for additional temperature monitoring
The Tappecue thermometer can measure up to four different types of meat using four probes. The probes can be read up to 527F with a precision of +/- 1F.
Large LCD touchscreen display for easy setup & reading
It’s easy to glance through your thermometer and quickly read the temperature with the large touch screen. It is easy to see the battery status and mode of connection on the large screen.
The WiFi smoker thermometer includes a 2400 MAH lithium battery that can last 12 hours.
What I don’t like
I noticed that the touchscreen was sometimes unresponsive.
Previous Post: The Wifi Meat Thermometers for 2022