Do you want to learn how to grill a brisket? You are here because you want to master the art of grilling a brisket.
If you’re looking for a quality pellet grill, we also break down the best pellet grills available in 2022 (read more here) to help you make your decision.
Smoked Brisket with Pellet Grill
Many people have the misconception that they can smoke an entire brisket if only they know. how to smoke a turkey on a camp chef pellet grill. However, it’s certainly not the case.
Brisket is basically primal beef, which is cut from the lower part of the cow’s breast. You should purchase a flat and leaner. brisket partThis is also known as full-packer brisket.
Essentials to Smoke a Brisket
- A pellet grill – You can read the reviews of the best pellet smoker & grill To buy the best pellet grill under $500 Budgets up to $20,000 For instance Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet grill is one of our most popular options. best smokers for beginners.
- A large cuttingboard and a carving blade.
- A smoker thermometer.
- Aluminum foil, oil, seasoning, and hardwood chips.
Pellet Grill Brisket Recipe
First, prepare the brisket. Trim the fat with the Victorinox Swiss Army Pro Slicing knife. best knife for slicing brisket. To find the best marbling, you need to examine the meat carefully.
You need to remove the excessive hard fat, which won’t become tender during the smoking process. Not only that, but you’ll be able to apply the seasoning to the meat directly. If you want to give your guests a tempting piece of meat, you can remove the unattractive border meat.
- Place the brisket with the fat cap facing upward on the cutting board.
- To dry the brisket, use a paper towel.
- Start trimming the fat cap to ensure a smooth and even ¼ inches layer.
- Flip the brisket and follow the instructions.
- It’s essential to remove the hard fat if found on any side.
Many BBQ lovers want tender, juicy meat.
After you have rubbed the seasoning on both sides of the brisket, wrap it up and place it in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours.
You can also inject brisket using bone and beef broth to make the meat more flavorful.
It doesn’t matter how big your brisket is, it takes one to three hours for you to prepare, trim and season it. You should allow at least an hour for rest before you serve it.
You will need to grill your brisket for between 30 and 60 minutes at 250F degrees. Your brisket will be done when the internal temperature reaches 200F-205F degrees.
- 10 pounds brisket – six to nine hours of smoke.
- 15 pounds – 10 to 12 hours smoking time.
- 20 pounds – 12 to 16 hours smoking duration.
How to Smoke Brisket on a Pellet Grill
- For 15 minutes, heat the pellet grill to 225F degrees.
- Place the brisket on its fat side.
- Cook for approximately six hours or until the internal temperature of 160F degrees.
- The brisket reaches its stall point at 160F, where the meat releases its moisture.
- To shorten your stall, you can use the Texas Crutch(TC) technique.
- After removing the brisket from grill, wrap it in aluminum foil.
- The foil wrap allows you to speed up the cooking process and retains all the nutrients.
- If you don’t wrap your brisket, the next cooking cycle will dry it out.
- Next, place the foiled brisket on the grill grate. Continue smoking it for three to four more hours until the internal temperature reaches 220F.
- At the end, take the brisket off the grill and let it rest at least an hour to allow the juices to settle.
- You should slice the brisket against the grain into ¼ inches pieces.
- Reheat leftover brisket on a pan covered in aluminum foil until it reaches 140F.
Different types of wood pellets
To balance the flavor, you can also mix milder woods like oak. You can also add sweetness to the wood by using apple, cherry, or maple.
Pecan wood can be used to enhance the sweet and spicy flavors.
- The fold and bend test can be used to check the quality of a brisket. Simply fold the ends of the brisket in half and count how many folds you get. More folds equals more tender meat.
- It’s recommended to use a 14 inches knife to trim the brisket.
- You should trim a colder brisket since it’s easy to trim it.
- Always place the fat side on the bottom to ensure better flavor as the dripping fat doesn’t wash away seasoning. Furthermore, you don’t ruin the presentation side of the brisket.
- The brisket drippings can be used as a marinade, or dipping sauce.
- Use a wifi meat thermometer To ensure a final internal temperature at 203F degrees.
Traeger Grills expert demonstrates how to smoke Brisket on a Pellet Grill.
You can smoke a perfectly juicy, tender brisket on a pellet-grille by being prepared and patient. This article will help you navigate the process of brisket smoking, from choosing a brisket cut to trimming it and finally smoking it.