Factory resetting is the best way to erase any codes from an electronic lock you’ve previously owned.
On One, you might need to reset the electronic keypad lock to fix common problems.
Factory resets are available in any case smart lock This will erase all codes and settings and allow you to reprogram your lock as you wish.
So in this article, I’ll walk you through the process of resetting your Schlage smart lock, Kwikset, Weiser, August, and other popular brands.
Ready? Let’s dive in! (Use the table of contents to jump to your lock’s brand/model).
Resetting a Weiser Smart Lock
- Step 1: Take out the battery pack.
- Step 2: Press the button and hold it. Program Button Continue to insert the battery pack. Do not release it Program Button Keep pressing the button until the lock flashes red and beeps. This should take about 30 seconds.
- Step 3: Press this Click on the Program button again. The lock will reset itself if it beeps or flashes green after about 20 seconds.
- Step 4: Repeat the door handing process to teach your lock the orientation.
Do you have questions about how to hand the Weiser Smart lock door? Here’s how:
- Take out the battery pack, then press and hold. Lock Button While you are reinstalling the battery pack.
- Do not release the Lock Button Until the latch bolt moves by itself
- If the latch bolt moves independently as described above, then the door handling process is successful.
Resetting a Schlage Smart Lock
- Step 1: Ensure you have the factory preset codes available, as you’ll need them to reprogram your lock. Check the back of your lock’s Inside Assembly All default codes.
- Step 2Next, take off the battery cover (with a slight cover up). Next, disconnect the Connector for Battery.
- Step 3: Once the battery is disconnected, press and hold on the Schlage Button You will need to discharge any remaining electricity several times.
- Step 4: Press this Schlage Button and hold it—and at the same time replace the Connector for Battery.
- Step 5: The green checkmark on the lock’s face will flash three times. Now release the Schlage Button Replace the battery cover.
- Step 6: Press the button to complete the reset Schlage Button by entering the factory preset code.
NoteThis reset method is especially useful for Schlage Touchscreen Deadbolt—BE468 and BE469 models. Other Schlage locks may have a slightly differing method of resetting. Refer to your user manual.
Resetting an August Smart Lock
- Step 1: Ensure the August App It is compatible with both Android and iOS phones.
- Step 2: Click here August app on your phone and navigate to the lock circle screen—the screen that shows whether your lock is locked or unlocked. Next, click the Gear IconIt is the Settings menu.
- Step 3: Select the August lock you want to reset—that’s if you have more than one August lock.
- Step 4Scroll to Factory Reset Click on the button to continue Reset Lock.
That’s all about resetting your August lock to factory default settings.
If you’re looking to reset an August lock previously owned by someone else, this method may not work for you. August recommends that you contact the previous owner to authorize the reset.
Resetting a Kwikset Smart Lock
- Step 1Ensure that your door is open in order to prevent being locked out.
- Step 2: Remove your lock’s battery pack. Next, press and hold on the Program Button When replacing the battery pack.
- Step 3: Do not release it Program Button Keep pressing the button until the lock flashes red and beeps. This should take around 30 seconds.
- Step 4: Press this Program button again. If the lock flashes green twice and beeps once, it has been reset.
Depending on the model number of your Kwikset lock you may need to do door handing all over again.
Notification: This reset method works for most Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolts, refer to your user guide if it doesn’t work for you.
Resetting Baldwin Evolved Smart Lock
Resetting a Yale Smart Lock
Resetting an Ultraloq Smart Lock
You can reset Ultraloq smart locks via the reset button and U-tec App. Let’s start with resetting via the reset button:
That’s all about resetting an Ultraloq Smart Lock via the Reset Button. To confirm that your reset was successful use any code or keyfob to unlock it. If it works, you can proceed to the next step.
This means that any code or fingerprint can unlock an Ultraloq smart lock by default. To keep your lock secure, you will need to program new codes.
To reset an Ultraloq smart lock, use the Utec App
Resetting a Lockly Smart Lock
These steps will reset your Lockly Smart Lock.
So that’s it! Thank you for reading our blog.
I hope this article was helpful, and you actually found settings applicable to your lock’s brand. Maybe not—we’ll update the article to feature as many smart locks brands as possible.