In this post, I’ll walk you through the steps to program your new/existing Honeywell Digital Deadbolt. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, then let’s head right into it!
But before we head over to the programming instructions for your Honeywell Digital Deadbolt, see the image below if you’re not familiar with the keypad/button functions.
Change the programming code of a Honeywell Digital Deadbolt
Honeywell Electronic Deadbolt has a 6-digit default Programing Code, which allows you to make adjustments to your lock programming. For example, if you’re looking to add new User Codes to your lock, you’ll need to first enter your Programming Code.
The default programming code is 123456. However, this is a factory default code, meaning other Honeywell deadbolts have the same code, so you’ll need to change it to ensure security.
So here’s how to change the Programming Code on your Honeywell Digital Deadbolt:
- Step 1Enter the default/current Programming Code, and then press the Unlock button. (For a new lock, use the default Programming Code—123456. If you have previously modified the Programming Code, then use the current code.
- Step 2Press 4 Press the button again Unlock button.
- Step 3Enter a new programming code (6 digits) then press the Unlock button. Next, enter the new Programming Code again and press the Unlock button.
You’ll hear one beep, followed by a green light from the light indicator—that shows the Programming Code has been successfully changed.
Honeywell Digital Deadbolt: Adding new user codes
You probably know that User Codes are used for unlocking the door/lock. You can create up 50 User Codes for your Honeywell Digital Deadbolt. Each User Code must contain between 4-8 digits.
For easy identification, you will need to link each User Code to an unique User ID (any number between 01 and 50).
That said, here’s how to Add a User Code to a Honeywell Digital Deadbolt:
- Step 1: Enter the current Programming Code and hit the “Enter” button Unlock button.
- Step 2Press 1. Next, press the Unlock button and then enter a unique User ID—any number between 01 to 50. (Note: this is not the User Code. This is a UserID that can be linked with a User Code.
- Step 3: Press this Unlock button and then enter your new User Code—4 to 8 digits.
- Step 4: Press this Unlock Click the button to re-enter your new User Code.
- Step 5: Now press ” Unlock To complete the process, click here
The light indicator will illuminate green and the lock will beep to confirm that a new User Code was successfully added.
Removing/deleting an existing user code from a Honeywell Digital Deadbolt
Here’s how to delete an existing User Code on your Honeywell electronic lock:
The Code has been deleted. You should hear one beep followed by a green light from the light indicator—confirming that the process was successfully deleted.
All User Codes Must Be Deleted at Once
Here are the steps you need to take in order to delete all user codes on your Honeywell Digital Lock.
And that’s all about deleting all the existing User Codes on a Honeywell Digital Deadbolt.
Automatic Lock Function
This feature automatically locks your door when it’s left unlocked for a specified time. However, the feature is usually disabled by default and you’ll need to enable it if you want to keep it active.
Here’s how to enable the automatic lock function on a Honeywell Digital Lock:
Now the auto lock feature is active! It should automatically lock the lock/door—based on the specified time delay.
You can cancel auto-lock by following the same steps as above, but setting the time delay to 00.
How to Turn Off the Sound on Your Honeywell Digital Deadbolt
If you’re not comfortable with the sound from your lock when operating it, you can simply turn it off. Here’s how to do that:
To turn on sound, follow the steps above and press 1 followed closely by the Unlock For the final step, click on the button
Factory Resetting a Honeywell Digital Deadbolt
Here’s how to reset a Honeywell Digital Deadbolt to the original factory settings:
Now your lock is reset and you’ll have to reprogram it using the default Programming Code.
Note: Restoring factory settings will automatically delete all User Codes, including any Programming Codes, and any other changes you made.
See also how to restore factory settings on an Acer laptop Gatehouse electronic lock.
Troubleshooting Honeywell Digital Deadbolt
This section will address common Honeywell Digital issues and how to fix them.
Why is my Honeywell Digital Deadboltn’t working electronically?
If the batteries aren’t properly positioned or low enough, your lock may stop functioning electronically. Check that the batteries remain active and are properly placed. Also, ensure that the control wire is connected to the interior assembly.
Low batteries can be replaced with non-rechargeable alkaline cells.
Why is my lock giving an error signal when opening or locking, and the Deadbolt Latch won’t extend or retract fully when the door is closed?
Here are some troubleshooting steps:
- To unlock the door, use the interior knob or the physical key.
- Check the latch is working by opening the door.
- Check that the strike plate alignment is still intact, otherwise, adjust it to ensure there’s no binding against the Deadbolt Latch.
This should solve the problem.
Why is my Deadbolt stuck?
This could happen if the lock’s screws are too tight. To fix it, remove the interior assembly and loosen the mounting plates screws slightly. Lock and unlock the lock using a physical key. Finally, attach the control wire and interior assembly.