Are you looking to make healthy, quick-cooking home-cooked meals? Do you want a single kitchen appliance that can cook a wide variety of dishes? If you answered yes, then you’re not the only one.
Some of the following have been introduced: best toaster oven Consumer Reports 2022 is the article that will help you. Although the name toaster oven may not be a good description of its versatility, it will surprise you with its multi-functionality.
You can bake a pizza, toast bread, or roast a whole chicken. Or you can simply defrost frozen meals. Amazing, right? These features are just a small part of what a toaster oven can offer.
If you’re interested in this gadget, read on to learn more about its features, top 6 product reviews, as well as some FAQs.
The 6 Best Toaster Ovens for 2022 – Reviews by Consumer Reports
There are many models of toaster ovens on the market. It can be difficult to choose the right one for you. We’ve done all the legwork for you and have compiled the best toaster ovens from the most respected brands.
Continue reading to find out more about each product, before you make a final decision.
1. Best Toaster Oven for You: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven With Element IQ
Breville, an Australian brand founded in 1932, manufactures innovative kitchen appliances that make cooking easier and more healthy. Their product line includes coffee makers, blenders, toasters and kettles as well as toaster ovens.
Breville’s BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven has been a top-selling product. It offers versatility in the kitchen. It comes with nine pre-programmed settings that allow you to toast, bake, grill, bake, pizza, cookies, reheat and warm.
To ensure the most tender meat, you can slow cook your food up to 10 hours at a low heat. After the set time, your smart oven will automatically switch to the keep-warm mode.
A large cooking space allows you to fit a 13-inch pizza, or six slices, at a time, into the toaster. The interior oven light alerts you when your food is done.
Heating is handled by the Breville BOV800XL Oven, which features powerful convection fans and a 1800W motor. The five quartz elements provide a stable heat source for your food. The built-in convection fan distributes the hot air to all areas of the toaster oven. You get evenly cooked food in a shorter amount of time.
The control panel is simple and easy to use. You can set your desired preset, temperature, and cooking time with the dial knobs. An LCD displays all settings. You can monitor the cooking time and keep track of it all with ease.
What’s more, the LCD changes its color from blue to yellow during every cooking cycle. The stainless steel construction of the toaster oven ensures that it will last a lifetime.
- Ten pre-programmed settings
- Slow cook presets for 10 hours
- Easy-to-read LCD
- Control panel that is user-friendly
- Convenient interior light
- Advanced Element Heating system
- Fast and easy cooking
- Bulky construction
- Larger footprint
2. Best Toaster Oven Air Fryer: Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer
Cuisinart was created in 1971 to create its first electric processor. It now manufactures a wide range of smart home appliances including the Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer.
It comes with seven pre-programmed settings: bake, convection, toast, convection fry, air fry, warm, and broil. The unit will automatically set the temperature and timer for you and take the guesswork out of cooking.
It is a top-rated air fryer oven and has been praised for its superior features. It can cook up to four pounds of food simultaneously. You can fit six slices of bread, a 12-inch pizza or three-pounds worth of fries in the 15.5x16x14 inch.
It also features a strong stainless steel construction for maximum durability. You can be sure that your investment will last a lifetime. This versatile appliance is small enough to fit on your countertop making it ideal for small apartments.
Cuisinart’s heat control system has powerful convection fans that blow hot air to all corners. This allows you to set the perfect temperature and doesn’t require you to flip your food.
The control panel features four traditional dial knobs for controlling your settings. Here, you can select your desired temperature, preset, cooking time, and even your toasts’ shade. The timer is limited to 60 minutes.
Cuisinart uses a nonstick coating because cleaning up after each cooking cycle can be a hassle. A damp paper towel can be used to quickly clean up any splatter or mess.
- Convenient oven light
- Seven preset options
- Traditional control knobs
- Larger cooking capacity
- Affordable price
- Preheating time is short
- No LCD
- Faint knobs
3. Best Toaster Oven for Storage: Ninja Foodi Digital Fry, Convection Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer, Flip-Away for Storage
Ninja, a well-known brand in the US for high-quality kitchen appliances, is based in the USA. They have expanded their product line to include ovens, coffee makers, grills, and blenders since 2008 when it was founded.
Their Ninja Foodi Digital Convection Toaster Oven has been voted one of the best toaster ovens. It features an 8-in-1 preset that includes roast, air fry broil, bake and warm, dehydrate, bagel, toast, and bake.
Because the toaster oven weighs only a few pounds, it can be easily placed on top your kitchen counter. What’s more, you can flip it up on its side and save a further 50% of your counter space when you are not using the gadget. This is a great option for smaller kitchens that need to maximize their kitchen space.
The compact toaster oven still has enough cooking space to hold nine bread slices, a medium-sized pizza and six chicken breasts. Comparing to other competitors, the compact footprint offers almost 45% more cooking area.
Ninja has also included a smart LED control panel, which uses touch buttons to adjust your settings. The Ninja Foodi Toaster Oven is faster than other ovens and cooks food evenly up to 60% faster.
The toaster oven includes a convenient crumb tray, which collects any drippings. It is easily removable for cleaning. It even features a back panel that allows easy access to its interior for deep cleaning.
- Eight versatile presets
- Compact design
- Flip it on its side to save counter room
- Cooks quickly and evenly
- Accessible from the back panel
- The display is small and difficult to read
4. Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
The Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven is the second Cuisinart product in our list owing to its highly versatile features. This convection oven is ideal for small kitchens.
There are 15 pre-programmed settings for the toaster oven. It’s no wonder that some people call it a “set and forget it oven”. You can toast, broil, roast, bake, broil, broil, or toast your food inside the toaster oven.
The best feature is the dual cook preset, which allows you to set up two presets simultaneously. You also get two convection fan settings to reduce preheating time and cook in a shorter amount of time.
Cuisinart even included an intuitive control panel for the toaster oven. This allows you to adjust the size of your pizza and the number of bread slices. For precise and even cooking, the five quartz heating elements are calibrated to adjust the cooking temperature and time to your preferences.
It is easy to use, too. It has a large, backlit LCD to display your settings, as well as one-touch LED buttons and a dial knob to choose your preset.
The oven is compact and has a small footprint. However, it can hold four-pounds of ribs, seven-pound turkey or nine slices of bread. What’s more, you can use the included double rack to increase the cooking capacity further.
- Most versatile toaster oven
- Dual cook setting
- Small footprint
- You have plenty of cooking space
- Intuitive cooking technology
- Speed convection settings allow for faster cooking
- Control panel that is user-friendly
- Relatively pricey
- Exterior gets hot
5. COSORI Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo Convection Roaster with Rotisserie & Dehydrator
COSORI is a manufacturer of kitchen appliances that promote healthier living. It is based in California, USA. One of their products is the COSORI Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo.
It comes with 12 presets including air fryer, bagel, pizza, toast, dehydrate, ferment, rotisserie, etc. It will deliver the best performance if you are looking for versatility.
The oven can cook six slices of bread, a 13-inch pizza, and even a whole bird. The brand also included six accessories to the oven for your convenience. These accessories include a wire rack and an air frying basket, rotisserie handle, oven tray and a crumb tray to help with clean-up.
The toaster oven’s control panel is very easy to use for temperature control. The dial knobs allow you to select the time, temperature, and preset for your dish. These settings are clearly displayed on a large LED screen.
The toaster oven has five heating elements and two speed convection fans, which allow you to quickly and evenly cook your food.
- Huge cooking capabilities
- 12 versatile presets
- Rotisserie is an option
- Good temperature control
- Digital, user-friendly controls
- Convenient interior light
- It can cause a lot more chaos
6. Best Small Toaster Oven: Breville BoV450XL Mini Smart Oven With Element IQ
The second Breville BOV450XL mini toaster oven is the best on this list. It will fit on your countertop if you have a small kitchen or only two people.
The compact toaster oven measures approximately 16 x 14.25×8.5 inches. It can hold up to four slices of bread, 11-inch pizza, cookies, etc. It has eight preset settings for toast, pizza and cookies, as well as baking, broiling and roasting.
The BOV450XL uses the Element IQ smart heating technology, just like the other Breville ovens. The innovative technology spreads heat intelligently across four quartz heating elements for precise results. The 1800W motor reduces preheating time and cooks faster than other ovens.
Breville has also added a user-friendly control panel that allows you to adjust your settings for recipes. An LCD display with backlighting and easy-to-read text allows you to see the time, temperature and presets. You will also find a control knob that allows you to choose your preferred preset from eight options.
You can also choose the number of slices, the color of your toast, the temperature, and even a defrosting button. What’s more, the LCD turns orange when your oven is preheating or cooking. It illuminates blue after the cycle is complete.
It is easy to clean your oven’s interior with a paper towel, as it is completely nonstick.
- Compact design
- Element IQ system to ensure precise cooking
- Interiors made of nonstick
- Easy-to-read LCD displays change color to indicate the cycle
- Control panel that is user-friendly
- Limited cooking capacity
- Exterior gets hot
Editor’s Pick: Best Toaster Oven for 2022
All of the products we reviewed offer the best quality, but the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven is the best in terms of features and performance as well as ease-of-use.
It has nine presets that can be used to achieve the best results. It also has a large cooking capacity and can slow cook for hours. It also features the Element IQ heating system, which provides uniform heat and a user-friendly control. This makes cooking food easy.
What is a Toaster Oven and how do you use it?
Toaster ovens are one the most versatile kitchen appliances. It is a combination of a toaster or traditional oven, but it is smaller and has more functions that your toaster.
It does not use gas but uses electricity to power the heating elements. This oven is much more efficient than many other gadgets and ovens. It is small enough to fit on top of your kitchen counter, and it does not heat up the kitchen like regular ovens.
The simplest gadgets rely on heating elements at the top and bottom to cook food. A high-power fan is included in cases where the toaster oven operates on convection currents.
Modern toaster ovens come with a digital control panel, which is very intuitive and user-friendly. They are also easy to clean and require a very short preheating time.
How to Use a Toaster Oven
We’ve already mentioned how versatile toaster ovens can be in your kitchen. You can use one appliance to bake and roast, toast, air fry and even broil your favorite foods.
But there is one problem. Many people get lost in the details of how to make the most of their toaster ovens. There are so many settings and presets available for your toaster oven. How can you make it work best?
This section will explain how to use your oven for the most popular settings. You can also use the other presets with similar instructions.
Remember that each model has a different control panel and heating mechanism, so make sure to read their user’s manual.
- Place your bread slices on top of the wire rack. Refer to the instruction manual to determine the best rack position for toasting bread.
- Select the toast preset for your digital toaster oven and choose the desired shade of toast. The oven will control the temperature and time.
- For a toaster oven equipped with traditional knobs select your preset, and then set the cooking time for your toast. The darker the toast, the longer it takes to cook. Most toaster ovens will have a temperature setting that is recommended for toasting.
- To get an idea of how your settings are, take a look at your bread the first few time you bake it.
- Your digital toaster oven may notify you when it has completed its cycle by emitting a beep, or changing the color of its LED panel.
Toaster ovens can be used to bake faster than traditional ovens. They also have a shorter preheating time and are easier to use. Let’s take a look how to use a oven to bake your favorite recipes. Refer to the instruction manual for your toaster oven.
- First, choose the baking preset for your toaster oven. You can adjust the temperature and time, depending on whether you are using a toaster or regular recipe. Toaster ovens cook more quickly, so you should reduce the cooking time if you are using a regular one.
- Next, press and hold the start button to activate the preheating timer for your oven. If your oven does not have a digital control, you may need to manually adjust the preheating settings for 5-10 settings before you can add your settings.
- Once the oven has preheated place your muffin tray or pizza pan in the middle. The tray should not touch any heating elements at the top or sides.
- After your food is finished, remove the tray carefully and turn off the oven.
How to clean a toaster oven tray?
You will be using the toaster oven tray often so it is important to clean it after each use. It will prevent bacteria and mold growth, and will prolong the life of the tray.
Let’s take you through how to clean your tray with just the products from your kitchen.
- To remove any crumbs or grease from the tray, use a paper towel or a cleaning cloth.
- Next, fill your tub or sink with hot water and then add your regular laundry detergent. You can also add baking soda if the tray is laden with very heavy grease or has burn marks.
- For at least one hour, soak your toaster oven tray with the hot mixture. This will soften the marks on the tray and make it easier for you to clean it.
- After soaking, scrub the tray with a sponge or brush. If your tray is not stick, you can use soft sponges to clean it.
- Give the tray a final rinse with tap water, or place it in the dishwasher. If you find that there are still marks, you can repeat this process.
How to Reheat Pizza In a Toaster Oven
Pizza is a staple food in almost all American households. Pizza is a staple food in nearly every American home.
You don’t have to throw it away. You can eat it the following day or freeze it. It might be eaten as a snack or breakfast.
How do you heat it without burning the cheese. Toaster ovens are a great option for this task. Let’s take a look at this versatile gadget for reheating pizza.
- The toaster oven should be preheated at 450 degrees for five to 7 minutes. This is much faster than a traditional oven.
- Use the bake preset for a digital toaster oven. Set the temperature to medium heat at 300-350 degrees.
- Place your pizza on a wire rack or tray and bake for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Make sure to watch the slice for bubbling cheese. If your pizza is not ready to reheat by the timer’s end, you can stop the toaster oven.
- Use tongs to remove the pizza and allow it to cool on your plate.
A toaster oven is an excellent investment in your kitchen, especially if you only need one appliance to do all the work. They are not only faster and easier to use, but also healthier.
Therefore, it is important to choose the best kitchen appliance for you. For more information about each feature, read our top six toaster oven reviews.
You can also learn how to clean and use your toaster oven tray. Check Check out our FAQ section for all the answers.