You can bake or broil, roast or saute. Cast iron skillet This versatile cookware is indispensable in every kitchen. It is durable and can withstand extreme heat for years.
With so many options available in the market, it’s challenging for you to decide which cast iron skillet suits your cooking needs. That’s why this guide presents the best cast iron skillet Reviews and bonus cleaning tips for increasing their durability
The 5 Best Cast Iron Skillets of 2022 Reviews
Here are our top picks for the “best cast iron skillet“:
1. Best High-End: Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Iron Handle Skillet
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Iron Handle Skillet is a 10.25 inch skillet that uses less oil to cook cast iron skillet recipes. This allows you and your family to enjoy low-fat meals. Moreover, cleaning this cast iron skillet is a breeze because it’s dishwasher safe.
The skillet’s multi-purpose design is elegant and allows for easy pouring. Spouts are located on both the left side and right side. The sides are comparatively low and provide a larger cooking area for pizzas.
Since it’s a cast iron skillet, it isn’t lightweight like any other non-stick pan. The helper handle allows for safe transporting and emptying the skillet. The larger loop will allow you to grab both handles quickly if the skillet gets extremely hot.
The exterior and interior of the Le Creuset cast-iron skillet are coated with enamel. The interior is also black and not entirely smooth, giving it an unpolished cast iron appearance.
Another good news is that the cast iron used in the skillet doesn’t rust, courtesy of the enamel coating.
- Requires less oil
- Perfect for low-fat recipes
- Interiors that resist stains
- Convenient lifting with a larger loop handle
- Extraordinary heat retention
- Short sides
2. Best Budget: Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast iron Skillet
Cast iron skillet recipes like these are delicious best cuts of beef to smoke The Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12 inches) is a great choice for chicken roast.
Lodge is a USA-based company that has been creating cast iron skillets and other kitchen accessories for over 100 years.
The Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet’s handle is one of its best features. The handle is both long enough to give a secure grip but also short enough that it can be used to lift this heavy-weight pan.
You can also see the helper handle on your opposite side. This allows you to lift the pasta pan without spilling. You can pour the grease out of the two spouts.
Cast iron skillet with two-inch sides. Perfect for shallow frying and avoiding splatter.
You can use a smoker thermometer If you wish to deep fry whole chicken roasts in the Lodge pre-seasoned skillet, make sure to check the oil temperature.
Hot handle holder is one of the unique features that makes this skillet one the best cast iron skillets. The silicone or leather holder provides a snug fit for the handle.
It’s recommended to put the holders in the handle before placing the skillet on the cooktop. However, you shouldn’t use the holder inside the oven Because neither silicone nor leather can withstand extreme temperatures,
- Induction cooktops recommended
- Convenient handwashing
- Not dishwasher-friendly
- Pre-seasoned doesn’t mean non-stick
3. Best Cast Iron Skillet Set: Lodge Essential Pan Set (7-Piece)
The Lodge Essential Pan Set 7-Piece is a one for all and all-for one pan set. It includes all the essential pans, accessories, including a 10.5 inch grille, 10.2 inch pan, six inches of red silicone stand, siliconemitten, red pan scraper and black grill scraper.
Cast iron skillets are no longer necessary to be seasoned. This cast iron skillet is pre-seasoned with natural oils to make cooking easier. Moreover, it’s a multi-purpose pan set that allows you to bake, roast, fry, boil, stew, and simmer.
Another positive news is that silicone mitts are heat-resistant up until 500F degrees and silicone support up to 250F degrees. However, you shouldn’t be using both of them in the Cosori air fryer toaster oven.
Finally, you can wash the cookware by hand with mild detergent. You should dry the cookware immediately after cleaning it and rub it with oil to prolong its life.
- Outstanding heat retention
- Silicone accessories are dishwasher safe
- Set of all-rounder pans
4. Best: Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
The Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is a 17-inch cast iron skillet that has been pre-seasoned with 100 percent vegetable oil seasoning. Spray some vegetable oil onto this skillet and you can start cooking immediately.
You should know that a pre-seasoned interior doesn’t necessarily mean non-stick. Pre-seasoned interiors should be sprayed with oil before and after cooking.
If you are an eco-friendly person, you won’t regret your decision about selecting the Lodge seasoned cast iron skillet. It’s because the skillet is made in zero hazardous waste stream foundry.
You can use this versatile cast-iron skillet on any heat source, no matter if you are an expert, beginner, or both.
The skillet’s two-inch depth and 17-inch diameter provide ample cooking space to roast, sear, roast, bake, and more. The skillet can be transferred from the stove to the table with the help of the handles on both sides.
- Cast iron skillet with versatility 17 inches
- Two-handle design for secure lifting
- No synthetic coating
- Interior is slightly rough
5. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Deep Skillet
The Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Deep Killet is multi-purpose, five-quart pot. best deep fryer Features include an iron cover and assist handle. It’s a high-performing cast iron skillet with exceptional heat retention and even heat distribution that allows you to fry, bake and slow roast.
Additionally, the handles are easy to grip and allow you lift the deep skillet or give it to someone else for storage.
Another great news: best slow cooker It is pre-seasoned with 100 percent vegetable oil, instead of harmful chemical coating. This allows you to cook healthy meals for friends and family with minimal oil, butter, and fat.
Moreover, it’s convenient to clean the stick-resistant surface using mild detergent without any scrubbing.
This reliable skillet comes with an iron cover, which saves you money on purchasing an additional cover.
- Includes self-basting tips
- Pre-seasoned using natural vegetable oil
- Multi-purpose deep skillet
- Offers even heat distribution
- Includes an iron lid
How to Clean a Cast Iron Skillet
Cast iron skillets are among the most efficient cookware. That’s why it has a reputation of being high-maintenance, and it’s justified.
First, you shouldn’t expose the cast iron to water or air as it will rust. Moreover, it’s unnecessary to soak it in soap or over-scrub as it will wipe away the seasoning. Similarly, you shouldn’t cook acidic foods in a cast iron skillet.
Reapplying oil after drying is an important part of the cooking process.
How to Clean the Best Cast Iron Skillet
Learn these essential cleaning tips to prolong the life of your cast-iron skillet.
- You should make a habit of cleaning cast iron skillet while it’s warm because it’s easy to remove the stuck-on bits.
- First, use a paper towel to remove all food. You can also use coarse salt or brush to scrape the stuck bits from the skillet’s bottom.
- You don’t need to soak the cast iron skillet overnight or use soap to clean it; instead, you can apply a small amount of soap on the soft sponge or paper towel to clean the interior if necessary.
- The pan should not be cleaned with steel wool or a harsh material as it can cause damage to the seasoning.
- After removing all bits, rinse the skillet in hot water.
- Next, dry your cast iron skillet with paper towels. Continue heating it on medium heat for three to five more minutes until it is completely dried.
- Once the skillet is dry with zero signs of any moisture, it’s time to apply a thin coating of vegetable oil on the surface with the help of an oil brush or paper towel.
- Finally, rub the oil on the surface.
- You can heat the skillet at 30F in the oven to bond oil to the skillet and create a natural nonstick coating.
- You can either place the cast-iron skillet in a dry spot inside the storage cabinet, or hang it directly above your kitchen countertop.
Cast iron skillets have the advantage of being heat-resistant and compatible with induction stovetops.
The cast iron skillet reviews above will help you make an informed decision about purchasing a cast iron skillet.